Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A change of scenery

I'm up late again, pondering my latest move. I've just arrived into Rankin for reading week, a week off of classes at my first year at NTEP. I am really loving it so far and really can't wait to be a teacher! But I am so happy to be home right now. I have absolutely everything I need here, seems this is exactly what I needed right now. I need to ground myself, and touch base with my home, my dad, my house, my history, my story.

My niece is here, sleeping beside me. She is my joy. She makes me laugh! She found 3D glasses with bold black frames in my room, looked at me and said, "look atchak I'm like you!" lol. Later on, I asked her to put something away, and she told me she'd put it down on the dusty table, since I am in the process of cleaning out my bedroom in my parents house. :) put a smile on my face.

As I look around the community, my mom's house...
I wonder, deep in thought, why change is so hard to bring about? Why?
I can't live without change, I don't think...
I find it hard to sit still, and live a routine life.

And then there are those that don't want to change. They're stuck in old traditional ways, without moving forward.

Then there are those that want to change things for other people! Without their regard! Like the PEDA movement! They want to band the killing of seals! Even going as far as going naked, protesting that they'd rather go naked, instead of wearing fur! I'd like them to come up north for the winter, and ask what they'd have to say then!

And then, a piece I wrote, called "realizing a dream and researching a next step."
I wrote that we have no time right now to venture through tradition, in the busy modern lives of today...
and yet I hear so many people say they are bored with their own life.
Maybe their history is harsh, and they don't want to venture through that again, but I think it is really important that we all look back at where we've been, realize where we are now, and then decide what to do next.
I, personally am amazed at some of the work I've done as a young individual, only because I was supported 100% of the way.
I'm being asked to write a piece right now about my perspective on the sealing issue and while I think many others have a stronger opinion, I will be inspired by how I once wrote before, and write my very own perspective, on how I wish that prople would just take the time to understand, and realize and accept that there are differences, but differences aren't bad! And that change is inevitable!

Anyway, I'm sleepy now, and should wake up early to get started on my school work. Have to send an email to Leigh, my current English professor at NTEP. Gotta submit late assignments again! Ugh. See, its that difficulty of bringing about change. I have to get out of the habit of procrastinating, and start planning ahead! I have to be prepared all the time if I want to be a good teacher! Sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment